NatureMaker’s one-of-a-kind trees have been designed and manufactured to ensure minimal negative environmental impact throughout the tree’s life cycle.
The result of this approach is a tree that uses organic and recycled materials in its construction and clean technologies in its manufacture, including burnishing on the metal structure, VOC-free paints and environmentally safe adhesives.
NatureMaker’s artistic trees are constructed of raw materials with a recycled content of 75%, depending on the design.
Our artistic trees are designed for durability, ease of disassembly, and minimal maintenance. 50% to 75% of the component parts are designed to be readily recycled at the end of the tree’s life.
Keys to NatureMaker’s Sustainable Design and Deliver
- Durability: Steel has a long life cycle with superior durability and require less replacement over time, offering exceptional cost-effectiveness with reduced waste.
- Low-VOC emissions: NatureMaker’s artificial trees meet or exceed emissions guidelines for volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and hazardous air pollutants (HAPs).
- Nontoxic and nonallergenic to humans: NatureMaker’s artistic trees utilize materials that meet the guideline of Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS).
- Recycled content: The NatureMaker artistic tree collection provides 50% to 75% of recycled content.
- Rapidly Renewable: The NatureMaker incorporates natural branch/wood products into our Steel Art Trees. This is a result of harvesting small branches from mature trees, which promotes growth for the natural tree and sustainability for the environment.
- Local/Regional Materials: LEED credit issued if material is manufactured within 500 miles of the project.
- Water Efficiency: Eliminates the need for external water usage.
- Shipping and Handling: The NatureMaker environmentally friendly delivery process includes utilizing recyclable packing material and partnering with freight companies that utilize bio-diesel fuels and provide carbon credits for delivery.
Earn LEED® points
The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) developed the LEED® Green Building Rating System™ as a voluntary national standard for designing high-performance, sustainable buildings, including a family of rating systems to meet the unique design features of different building projects.
The majority of projects registered with the LEED® Green Building Rating System™ fall under the “New Construction and Renovation” track. The following are examples of LEED® credits* to which NatureMaker may contribute. Formal credit interpretation requests, feedback on LEED® credit submittals and project certification are provided by the USGBC.